Napoleon Series Archive 2018

Napoleonic fiction; no, not that kind

Hello, all. A quick note from an inveterate lurker to announce that my novel Lieutenant James Lockwood at the Battle of Waterloo (previously Lieutenant and Mrs. Lockwood) has been released from Penmore Press, with cool new cover art.

I know there has been a surge in fiction focusing on our period, some of it of dubious historical merit, but my novel is based on my master’s thesis on the Inniskilling Regiment; there is little need to dramatize their story. Bob Burnham’s review of the book is over in the Reviews section, one in which I take particular pleasure. The opinions of informed gentlemen are always appreciated. “Even though it is a fictional account, it is the best description I have ever read of what it must have been like in one of those battered British squares at Waterloo.”

The second book in the series, The Lockwoods of Clonakilty, is also published by Penmore, and both are available on Amazon. The third book in the series, as the Inniskillings are dispatched to Guyana in 1823, is due out by the end of the year. Bob has kindly agreed to do a review of that MS as well, for which I am once again in his debt. It is my hope to one day compensate him in Jameson’s, the universal currency of the cultured.

Hoping all are well, and happy…..Mark Bois