Napoleon Series Archive 2019

The Campaign of 1814, Volume I - Map problem

Good day,
just wanted to bring this to the attention of the community.
I had looked through this work in search for maps for 1814 and discovered that in the Chapter II Part VI January 15-19 ( http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/battles/1814/Weil/c_Weil2f.html ) there is a very wrong map used.

This map with the file name Map7.jpg is wrong in 3 aspects:
1. It is not for the timeframe of 15th-19th January so does not belong in that chapter.
2. It is wrongly designated as a map for 10th-14th January, wrong because it also does not depict that timeframe.
3. The timeframe depicted is 4th-10th January but for this the map is incorrect as it has already some lines added for the timeframe of 10th-14th January in the area of the IInd Corps & Austrian Reserves.

My conclusion is that it may have been a work-in-progress map for the timeframe of 10th-14th January(that chapter has already a correct map) and was accidentally used and inserted into Chapter II Part VI January 15-19. The correct map for 15-19th January is nowhere in any of the volumes.

Long explanation, short conclusion: This map should be removed asap as it is so wrong that it just causes damage for everyone working through that chapter.

With regards