Napoleon Series Archive 2010

De Ridder

Many thanks again to Dominique Laude and Steve Smith for providing the route to this remarkable collection. I have had a happy time looking through it. There are many good and unusual items in it - the Weiland has several variations not found in the more familiar 'Dutch site' and the Brown Collection for instance. Can anyone come up with any details on the following?

1. I have found that G de Ridder described as a 'Notaire of Paris'. Is any more known about him or about his collection etc?

2. Re the funny little sets of mounted and foot figures shown paraded in lines by Kupterstecher Bartsch that also feature widely in the Vinkhauzen Collection. Is anything known about Bartsch and if the pictures are comtemporary or from some later period?

3. A bit off period but I have wondered for some time about the odd little pictures dated 1757-62 (by Christian Becker of Weimar?) of soldiers of the Reich Armee, and of France that has figures posed by what look like mile-stones that give the title of the unit concerned. Similar to the above - does anyone know about these and are they genuine and comtemporary or copies?

Messages In This Thread

De Ridder
Re: De Ridder
Becher
More on de Ridder collection
Re: More on de Ridder collection
Re: More on de Ridder collection