Napoleon Series Archive 2013

Re: Artillery ballistic data 1809 - 1815

When I was researching Imperial Bayonets I found a number of obscure, post Napoleonic and Napoleonic era works that contained tables and hit frequency, similar to the Prussian musketry tests. I think the best was Muller (below), but I recall a British work and I do not seem to be able to find the reference. Worst case, get a copy of Imperial Bayonets, but if you're the urge, the following list of works will give you a place to start.

George

Favé, Cpt., Emperor Napoleon's New System of Field Artillery, London: 1854.
Hughes, B.P., British Smooth-Bore Artillery, The Muzzle Loading Artillery of the 18th and 19th Centuries, UK. 1967.
de Morla, T., Tratado de Artillerie Para el Uso de la Academia de Caballeros Cadetes del Real Cuerpo de Artilleria, Dividido en Tres Tomos y Otro de Laminas, Que tratan de las Principales funciones de los Oficiales de este Cuerpo en pas y en Guerra, Segovia: 1816.
Müller, H., Die Entwicklung der Feld-Artillerie in Bezug auf Material, Organization und Taktik, von 1815 bis 1870, Berlin: 1873.
Roberts, J., The Hand-Book of Artillery for the Service of the United States, (Army and Militia) with the Manual of Heavy Artillery, Including that of the New Iron Carriage, New York: 1863.
d'Urtubie, Manuel de l'artilleur, contenant tous les objects dont la conaissance est nécessaire aux officiers et sous officiers d'artillerie suivant l'approbation de Gribeauval, Paris: 1795.
Kosciusko, General, Manoeuvres of Horse Artillery, New York: 1808.

Manoeuvres des batteries de campagne pour l'artillerie de la garde impériale, Paris: 1812.
Exerzir Reglement für die Artillerie der Königlich Preussischen Armee, Berlin: 1812.
Reglemente för Akande Artilleriets Tjenstgöring Och Exercice, Stockholm: 1808.
Stycke-Reglemente för Kongl. Maj:ts Artillerie Regemente, Stockholm: 1788.

Messages In This Thread

Artillery ballistic data 1809 - 1815