Napoleon Series Archive 2017

Re: Kurassier Regiment Number 6
In Response To: Kurassier Regiment Number 6 ()

Hi John,

I have both the Wrede (a must have for the organization and history of the Austrian army, published in five volumes) as well as the Geschichte der Reiterregimenter, mentioned by Hans-Karl, in my library.

So I may supply for the 6th Austrian Kürassierrregiment the following battle history:

1805:
4 divisions of the regiment battled in Germany, where the Major's division (Major von Flachenfeld) got merits in the combat at the Michaelsberge near Ulm (attacking Dupon's troops in their rear and gaining some canons and the whole baggage train with 200 horses); after the fall of Ulm it followed Erzherzog Ferdinand to Bohemia and fought during this retreat near Eschenau and Stecken.
3 golden and 5 silver merit medals ("Tapferkeitsmedaillen") given to the regiment

1809:
Part of the Reserve Corps the regiment fought at Eggmühl and got honors in the battles of Astern and Wagram (mainly by protecting infantry from French attacks).
3 golden and 10 silver medals given to the regiment

1813:
Part of the Army of the Danube, later austrian-bavarian corps of Graf Wrede; heavy losses at Hanau

1814:
Part of the Main Army; participated in the combat of Troyes, battle of Arcis-sur-Aube and combat of la Fère-Champenoise; later part of the victorious troops entering Paris and combat of Chearenton

1815:
Part of the Army at the Upper Rhine valley, no combats
8 silver medals given to the regiment for 1813-1815 period

Greetings from Berlin
Markus Stein

Messages In This Thread

Kurassier Regiment Number 6