Napoleon Series Archive 2017

Re: Original Antique Maps of the Napoleonic Wars

Tom,

Yes indeed, it is a pity to give away parts of a collection that has grown over 10s of years ... as I've to keep my library to 10-12 m book shelves) I started to digitize my old paper files and now continue with all magazines (and I had a lot, starting the old Campaigns, Gazette des Uniformes, Tradition (french and english), Zeitschrift für Heereskunde, Sabretache, etc.) and tried to sell them - but after I've got for the whole Campaigns and French magazine Figurines (both in total about 150 numbers) about 30€. And as 've no time to sell them partly in ebay, so right now I throw them away just after I've digitized the articles relating to my favorite periods. It is a pity as I paid a lot for them, but the good effect is particularly with magazines - now I find the stuff in case I'm searching a special topic :-)

Books are different, but I'm not sure, that they can be sold with an appropriate price - as nowadays a lot of older works are available via google, gallica, etc. the modern researcher won't build up a larger "analogue" library. I'm still feeling healthy (and hopefully some more 20-30 years) but I told my wife, that someday I'll mark the valuable items of my library and note 3 antique book sellers (one in Germany, one in France, one in GB/US) and so she may offer these selected items to them ... and the large rest will go into the garbage bin.

These are the times of virtual libraries so I'm not too sad about that, as I also profit from these virtual treasures.

So I hope all of you enjoy both analogue and digital works

Greetings from autumn Berlin
Markus Stein

Messages In This Thread

Original Antique Maps of the Napoleonic Wars