Napoleon Series Archive 2017

Trumpeter Guides de Bonaparte Egypt *LINK*

Gentlemen,
I am trying to find information about a Guides de Bonaparte trumpeter with Mameluke horse furniture. I have entered the dropbox link in the URL below. I have also included other guides de Bonaparte images as well as photographs of figures that you have previously helped me with. I have searched the internet (no local references) for well over three hours before I asked for help.

First of all is this an illustration that the artist just made up because it is different than most illustrations that I have found? Is the horse furniture taken from a fallen Mameluke or part of the uniforms with colonel Dupas' battalion a pied? Maybe it is from later in the adventure like 1799-1800 or part of the consular guard. What does the orange band on the top of the bicorn identify? Why are some trumpeters green instead of another color? What is your best guess on the color of the fabric on the underside of the trousers? I have found some illustrations where the red "vest" had buttons instead of lace/cords but not on trumpeters. Any other observations.

As always I sincerely appreciate any help that you can give me. Thank

Messages In This Thread

Trumpeter Guides de Bonaparte Egypt *LINK*
Re: Trumpeter Guides de Bonaparte Egypt
The French Army of the Orient 1798-1801
Re: The French Army of the Orient 1798-1801