Napoleon Series Archive 2020

Re: Bernadotte et Napoléon, 1797-1814. Nouvelle éd

all I ask read all those documents I provided in the links, otherwise you won't be able to form a balanced opinion, as said before and discussed by Robert Ouvrard

We had already a discussion about Trobriand year ago here in the forum, Robert Ouvrad supplied good arguments to demolish this sources.
Alas I cannot find it any more.
I looked in the other accusers as well, Marbot (wasn't there), Rapp totaly misindformed and tells nonesense, Bourke - should have been dispatched at 06:30 - just when Davouts units meet the Prussians in the thickest fog - which lifted gradually at 09:30 - 10:00 o clock - and only then it will be dimming on Davout that he was confronted by a big Prussian army.
And what tells us the bulletin
Iéna, 15 octobre 1806.
(…) Le maréchal Davout reçut l’ordre de déboucher par Naumburg, pour défendre les défiles de Kösen, si l’ennemi voulait marcher sur Naumburg, ou pour se rendre à Apolda pour le prendre à dos, s’il restait dans la position où il était.
Le corps du maréchal prince de Ponte-Corvo fut destiné à déboucher de Dornburg pour tomber sur les derrières de l’ennemi, soit qu’il se portât en force sur Naumburg, soit qu’il se portât sur Iéna.(...)
It says nothing that the Prince de Ponte-Corvo should support Davout in case he is attacked, all post mortem accusations

OK Trobriand, the fictive source claims that he met the Price de Ponte Corvo at 16:30 at the heights at the left side of the river Saale, but the Prince de Ponte Corvo was at that time at Apolda, where he successfully cut the line of retreat of the Prussian main army.

It would be insane for him to march to the sound of the guns, according to his intelligence Boney faced the main army at Jena, and not Davout at Auerstedt. Neither was Davout aware till at the end of the battle that he faced the main army. Boney accused him to have had double visions.

Bernadotte had his specific orders those he had to obey - neither he, nor Boney, nor Davout was aware that Davout faced the Prussian main army, again all three were at the impression especially at the night before the battle that Lannes was facing the Prussian main force.
Marching to the guns is again another myth - of Boney warfare, you had to execute the orders of the master - Vachée is pointing out this very well in his work - as well as orders by Berthier where he admonished the marshals to obey orders literally and that there was no need to provide any suggestions for Boney.

Please read the discussions in those links provided.

End of the story from my side.

Messages In This Thread

Bernadotte et Napoléon, 1797-1814. Nouvelle éditio
Vachée?
Re: Vachée?