Napoleon Series Archive 2011

Re: Cañones De A 4 Recámara Conica.

The quote is from p. 141 of Enrique de la Vega Viguera's Sevilla y la Real Fundición de Cañones (Sevilla: Guadalquivir, 1992). The "See:" was to direct interested persons to my earlier postings about these weapons. As those posts have been moved to the "Recent" archive, I could not post directly thereto.

"A full list and reference would be greatly appreciated." I have posted ALL of my Spanish reference right here on the NSF. I am not hiding anything from you.

"Date of commencement of production of the pieces would be helpful." Indeed! If I had it, I would post it right here on the NSF.

"Another piece to throw out the premise that Gribeauval System was introduced in 1783 that is repeated universally in English sources." I DID NOT "throw out" such a premise. It would appear, from what I have found, AND SHARED HERE ON THE NSF, that a Spanish version of the Gribeauval system first appeared in the O. de 1783. Just one man's opinion. I do not think the removal of Valliere ornamentation makes a design Gribeauval.

Finally, I DO NOT believe the Cañon de a 4 recámara cónica is the same weapon as the cañon de a 4 barreaban a 8. I Do Not believe the cañones de a 4 barreaban a 8 were produced until 1804 or later.

Messages In This Thread

Cañones De A 4 Recámara Conica.
Sorry for the misunderstanding