Napoleon Series Archive 2011

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Dear Steven
Thank you for your assistance. The written word is a poor manner to exchange at times. I was lost as to what you were referencing to and where. The conversation had become disjointed and I did not follow it.

> The quote is from p. 141 of Enrique de la Vega Viguera's Sevilla y la Real Fundición de Cañones (Sevilla: Guadalquivir, 1992).
I have no way of looking at this.

> The "See:" was to direct interested persons to my earlier postings about these weapons. As those posts have been moved to the "Recent" archive, I could not post directly thereto.

I did not understand at all what this meant. You had lost me there.

> "A full list and reference would be greatly appreciated." I have posted ALL of my Spanish reference right here on the NSF. I am not hiding anything from you.

Sorry that was the frustration that I have only access to very little that you post due to Google not permitting those in EU access to anything later than the 1870s. Many of those wonderful URLs are to later than this and I cannot access.

> "Date of commencement of production of the pieces would be helpful." Indeed! If I had it, I would post it right here on the NSF.

> "Another piece to throw out the premise that Gribeauval System was introduced in 1783 that is repeated universally in English sources."
I was not referring to you but Rene Chartrand and many other English historians.

Guns cast after 1769 did not have ornamentation.

> Finally, I DO NOT believe the Cañon de a 4 recámara cónica is the same weapon as the cañon de a 4 barreaban a 8. I Do Not believe the cañones de a 4 barreaban a 8 were produced until 1804 or later.

I do not know what you are referring to here. I have no access due to the problems of being in UK.

Stephen

Messages In This Thread

Cañones De A 4 Recámara Conica.
Re: Cañones De A 4 Recámara Conica.
Re: Cañones De A 4 Recámara Conica.
Sorry for the misunderstanding