Napoleon Series Archive 2011

Napoleon invades in 1805

Merry Christmas everyone!

My family bought me a copy of HPS' Campaign Austerlitz for Christmas this year. (Great job Bill Peters!) On the cd is a ficticious invasion of England. The maps are superb. I'm the tinkering type, so I'd like to make some scenarios of my own for this adventure. When I do this type thing, I like to go back to original sources to see the original OOBs to see if I agree with the game designer's interpretation of them. (Bill and I are friends he knows I do this to every game no matter who designs it. hehehe...)

I'm currently going through the Nap Series article on Brit Generals (thanks Ron McGuigan!) to see who commanded what, and who may have been available to command bdes/divs, but am looking for a contemporary source showing what the Brits had in mind for organizing the army to resist such an invasion.

Any ideas? Any sources y'all know of?

All thoughts are appreciated.

... and yes, it is possible to make a scenario where this Brit army would be at Austerlitz instead of the Aus-Russo army. It's even possible to make a scenario where Wellington's Waterloo army is across from Napoleon's Austerlitz army.... hmmm... just thought of that. Interesting. :-)

Thanks, and have a great New Year!
al

Messages In This Thread

Napoleon invades in 1805
Re: Napoleon invades in 1805