Napoleon Series Archive 2017

Re: Dutch army 1793
In Response To: Re: Dutch army 1793 ()

Hi Garry,

The grenadier battalions counted 6-8 companies as shown. I will check for the remaining grenadier battalion(s) (provided I am able to find the info), but for now I have the composition of the following grenadier regiments (21 September 1793):

- Grenadier battalion “Van Breydenbach” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR “Oranje Gelderland”, “Oranje Vriesland”, “Oranje Stad en Lande”, and No. 17 “Van Plettenberg” (each 2 companies).
- Grenadier battalion “De Larrey” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR “Oranje-Nassau No. 1” (2 coys), “Oranje-Nassau No. 2” (1 coy), “Erfprins van Oranje” (2 coys), and “Markgraaf van Baden” (2 coys).
- Grenadier battalion “Van Tengnagell” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR No. 8 “Bosc de la Calmette”, No. 18 “Van Wartensleben”, No. 20 “Van Baden-Durlach”, and No. 21 “Westerloo” (each 2 companies). Lt-Col van Tengnagell was killed on 13/9. Command resumed by Lt-Col von Reuss.
- Grenadier battalion “Van Raesfeldt” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR No. 2 “Van Maneil”, No. 5 “Des Villates”, No. 19 “Douglas”, and No. 24 “Bentinck” (each 2 companies).
- Grenadier battalion “Van Rechteren” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR No. 7 “De Bons”, No. 16 “Von Mönster”, and No. 23 “Stuart” (each 2 companies).
- Grenadier battalion “Van Buseck” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR No. 3 “Van Dopff”, No. 10 “Van Brakell”, No. 13 “Van Huchtenbroek”, and “Nassau-Usingen” (each 2 companies).
- Grenadier battalion “Van Hohenlohe” - Composed of the grenadier companies of the IR No. 4 “d’Envie”, No. 15 “De Petit”, and “Saxen-Gotha” (each 2 companies). Taken prisoner.

Best regards, Geert

Messages In This Thread

Dutch army 1793