Napoleon Series Archive 2018

Situation Report 3e Regiment de ligne 1809

Good evening everyone,

I am looking for the situation report for Colonel Schobert's 3e Ligne before the 1809 campaign. I sadly, have no access to the archives in France at this point in my career, but plan on taking a trip within the next year! Looking at Martinien's officer casualty report and État général de la Légion d'honneur, I was able to get a glimpse into a portion of the officers who fought. However, if anyone has available the data from SHDT documents for 3e de Ligne in 1809 that would be a huge help. Reading over one of Rigo's Le Plummet plates it says that in April 1809 had 63 Officers and 2675 NCO's and soldiers in 3 battalions.

Right now I know the names of at least 40 of the officers, but would love to see which company and battalion they fought with. Here is an example of the service record of Captain Claude Vernadet who was wounded at the Battle of Thann April 19, 1809 http://www2.culture.gouv.fr/LH/LH274/FRDAFAN83_OL2692035V004_L.jpg . Research from the amazing data base Leonore has helped uncover so much data on many officers and soldiers of the 3e Ligne.

Thank you for your help!
Michael Lint

Messages In This Thread

Situation Report 3e Regiment de ligne 1809
Re: Situation Report 3e Regiment de ligne 1809
Re: Situation Report 3e Regiment de ligne 1809