Napoleon Series Archive 2007

Soon to the 1806-07 campaign

Dear Alexander
Currently exceeded my book allowance for this year and probably next year. I will look out for this book. I am currently writing about the 1808-15 Prussian Army (3 volumes) and have draft for the earlier army. OK 10 years in the preparation. This would certainly be a good addition and hopefully balanced in the views of this pivotal campaign. It is interesting to see how the national bias comes in.

Alas I have not read much from a Russian standpoint as my Russian is too poor for this. It was hard enough producing my two books on the Cossacks (2005) and the Opolchenie (Dec 2007). Again thank you for your comments over the last 7 years. Alas pushing the information into such small volumes is as ever a problem. I accept that the books will be criticised over the referencing but the number referencing was not possible by the publishers and the Harvard system took up too many words. The word count maximum was 25000 words and even in the two books I exceeded by 5000 words.

Such is the way of publishing. I wish I had the copy of your fine biographies of the Russian Officers when I wrote these. The Opolchenie had been siting at the publisher since 2004 and the Cossacks since 2000.

Again thank you for your kind words.

Stephen

Messages In This Thread

New book on the 1806-1807 Campaign in Poland *LINK*
Re: New book on the 1806-1807 Campaign in Poland
Soon to the 1806-07 campaign
Re: Book on 1806-07 Campaign - German historians?
Publishers words?