Napoleon Series Archive 2013

New Rules on Forum Behavior *LINK*

One of the things that the Napoleon Series History Forum is noted for is the polite behavior among the posters. Flame Wars are few and usually stopped before they get out of hand. Almost all posters follow the rules about behavior. They are not the problem. However there are a handful who do not believe the rules apply to them. In the past I would just delete the offending post. Unfortunately this has not solved the problem. In late October I announced that we would have zero tolerance for anyone who violated the rules. If I deleted a post, they would be placed on moderated status for a month and every post would have to be approved by me before it could appear on the Forum. This new rule would be applied across the board. Although I did not name names, I specifically stated that

"I have had to delete many postings over the past 3 to 4 days because of the tone of them. If you are missing some of your postings I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU. I am no longer going to just delete the offending postings. If I have to delete a posting you WILL BE PLACED ON MODERATED STATUS."

Since I had only deleted messages by three individuals, in reality it was directed at them.

For some reason, these individuals did not believe me and all have succeeded in being placed on a moderated status. This creates a lot of work for the moderator since some of those who were placed on a moderated status post 20 - 30 messages a day.

Effective immediately there are new rules concerning rude and insulting behavior on the Forum.

1. If you have a message deleted from the forum because you violate the rules you will be BANNED from posting on the Forum for one month.
2. If you violate the rules a second time in one year, you will be BANNED from posting on the Forum for one year.
3. If you violate the rules a third time you will be permanently BANNED from posting on the Forum.

Fortunately most of you follow the rules and do not need to worry about being banned. For the three individuals who have been placed on a moderated status in the last two months, if you can not control yourself, you will no longer be welcomed.

Robert Burnham
Editor
The Napoleon Series

Messages In This Thread

ADMIN! New Rules on Forum Behavior *LINK*
Re: New Rules on Forum Behavior
Concur
Re: Concur
Re: Concur