Napoleon Series Archive 2018

Research

Hey everyone! My name's Charlotte (as you probably guessed by my user name, haha) and I'm writing a historical fiction about Napoleon. I'm not a professional author and it's probably more like a fanfiction, but I am really having fun with it and I enjoy it.

In my book, Napoleon marries a woman who wants very much to join him on campaign whenever possible (it's definitely not Josephine, haha). At this point in the story, Napoleon and his bride are in Cherasco, and it's May 1, 1796. I know that Napoleon is going to march with his army either the 6th or 7th, so I guess I have that part of the story figured out, but I am going to start coming up against a brick wall if I don't get some pretty detailed information soon.

Here's what I need: I need a detailed list of each of Napoleon's battles, including: Where they were, how long approximately it would take to get there from his previous position, a short description of the battle itself, and crucially to my story: Do you believe that Bonaparte would allow his wife to accompany him to this particular battlefield?
I will be honest and admit my ignorance on this topic. I have no idea how or if wives would have traveled with their husbands. did they stay behind at "safe" places/cities? If so, would Bonaparte have been able to visit his wife in said city? There are so many things I don't know.

I am definitely a novice on Napoleon. I have read 3 books about him, but the battle stuff gets pretty confusing for me, and I don't want to mess anything up. Like I said, it's crucial to the plot of my story. I would appreciate any and all help.

If there is a particular book that you feel would be helpful, I would love suggestions.

If anyone could just let me know which battles/campaigns you personally feel Napoleon would have let his wife accompany him, please let me know your opinion on the subject. Like I said, I welcome any and all input, and help, I appreciate you all!

I am glad to have found a forum where I can talk about Napoleon! I have to admit I'm rather obsessed lately.

Messages In This Thread

Research
Re: Research