Napoleon Series Archive 2020

Re: Martinien and all that.
In Response To: Re: Martinien and all that. ()

Thank you! I have the regimental histories on google books and I live next to the Harvard library!

I am not sure if the 17e Legere is correct for an officer named S.Lt Prin. If, you look at the report for the 17e Ligne you will see the same officer named S.Lt Prin as well on page 157. The IV/17e Legere regiment was serving with the 2nd Division of the 2nd Corps in 1809, but I could be wrong!

My last question involves all the regiments in the Combat of Thann and Dunzling. In Hippolyte d'Espinchal memories he says that General Pajol(slight wound) and Colonel Dery(serious wound and had to give up command to a chef d'escadron) were wounded at the Combat of Dunzling, but according to Martinien only Capt. Kister, S.Lt Richardot, S.Lt Epinat, S.Lt Gondoin for the 5e Hussards and Capt. Dey for the 7e Hussards were wounded. It is more reasonable to believe Hippolyte d'Espinchal who was serving with the 5e Hussards or Martinien who is collecting the information almost 80 years later?

According to my count the IIIrd Corps loses in officers for April 19,1809 is 12 K, 3 MW, 104 W including not including General Pajol and Colonel Dery. The worst hit regiments being the
3e Ligne 3 K 24 W,
57e Ligne 2 K, 1 MW 16 W,
72e Ligne 1 K, 1 MW, 10 W,
105e Ligne 1 K, 1 MW, 8 W,
10e Legere 9 W
7e Legere 2 K, 13 W
33e Ligne 3 K, 2 W I am guessing the high amount of killed vs wounded is due to this regiment using its voltigeur companies in skirmish order on the French left in the woods

Thank you for the help and I hope one day to visit this battlefield!
Michael

Messages In This Thread

Captain Bonnescuelle 25e Leger 1809
Re: Captain Bonnescuelle 25e Leger 1809
Informations in Regt. histories.
Martinien and all that.
Re: Martinien and all that.