Napoleon Series Archive 2008

Holland
In Response To: Re: Holland ()

Thanks for the reply and corrections.

As to my background, it is not word processing (slight dyslexia making me the world's worst proof-reader as well). I have degrees in history and economics, with my business life focuse on finance (please keep mumm as Digby might object, although my "due diligence" work is aimed to finding out the games people play) and a life of checking people's assertions (both economic and historic to make a whole).

As to details, I must have missed the interest was abrogated, I just thougth it was a "market play" that by buying back notes at 50 (from 100), one "saved" the accrued (past-due ?) interest charge (in effect, not an abrogation, as it did not leave the holder "out-of-pocket" given the market price).

Although OT, Ecuador said they would not "pay" the interest and challenge the debt; so, as yet, not quite a full default and only heading toward abrogation (need to await the result of "challenging" the debt, the lawsuits and any estructuring). The holders (unlike under the Empire) have some recourse as of today.

At any rate, Napoleon was smart enough to create an appropirate paper (legal) trail on such transactions, if only by Imperial decree. - R

Messages In This Thread

N`s Satellites and Profit
Re: N`s Satellites and Profit
Re: Holland