Napoleon Series Archive 2008

Re: Holland
In Response To: Re: Holland ()

You are being directly and personally insulting. You should be ashamed of yourself and also moderated. Try actually doing some research sometime, instead of repeating hoary old canards that suit your biases , but are utterly devoid of academic content. - and then calling people names and insulting them when they dont agree with you. You do not have a monopoly on truth. You are not above question, nor are your statements or opinions, nor anyone else's.

I am fully within my rights as a forum participant to ask of another participant upon what do they base their opinions. Whether those opinions are based on "assumptions", "common sense" or named sources, I think I am entitled to ask. I may not get an answer, of course, but there is no "trick" in asking someone why they hold a certain viewpoint. One does not need to provide ANY background information to ask "why do you say that ?".

And in any case, you were not requested to provide instructions and directions to all the participants here.

On the other hand, please feel free to review any posts where I have offered either information or an opinion. There will be, I hope, a source basis provided. Please feel free to read and study these sources. I remain eager to learn how I might have mis-interpreted them or failed to consider alternate sources.

In the instant case, the other participant expanded the dialog to address first the revolutionary French army, then all "foreign" armies (with a specific reference indicating the American army of World War 2) and then Prussia (a conquered foe, never incorporating into the Empire or ruled by a Bonaparte). If you want to make a complaint about being OT, dont send it to me.

Messages In This Thread

N`s Satellites and Profit
Re: N`s Satellites and Profit